Prepare for stormy weather
- Keep up to date with weather forecasts
- Keep vehicles clear of buildings, trees, walls and fences.
- If chimney stacks are tall and in poor condition, move beds away from areas directly below them.
- Remove dead tree branches so they don’t cause damage in a storm.
During a storm
- Only make essential journeys. If you have to make a journey, be aware of strong side winds on exposed routes such as bridges, coastal routes or high open roads.
- For more information on what to do during thunder and lightning visit the Met Office Website
After a storm
- Be careful not to touch any electrical or telephone cables that have been blown down or are still hanging.
- Contact your insurer to report any damage to your property.