Latest Updates from Public Health Wales – this page is updated every day at 12pm.
Public Health Wales is working closely with the Welsh Government and the other UK public health agencies to carefully monitor the Coronavirus situation and implement a planned response, with measures in place to protect the health of the public.
There are general principles you can follow to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses such as Novel Coronavirus. These include:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- If you feel unwell, stay at home and do not attend work or school
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue then throw the tissue in the bin, and then wash your hands immediately
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home and work environment
On this website you can find information and guidance from WHO regarding the current outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) that was first reported from Wuhan, China, on 31 December 2019. Useful resources include: